Rail Budget: 'Anubhuti' coach introduced to provide higher travel comfort
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Railways today proposed to introduce a modern coach "Anubhuti" with good ambience in the premier Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains providing higher travel comfort to passengers.
The travelling fare in such a coach will be priced separately, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal announced in his Budget speech.
"With increased popularity of Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains, there is also a demand for higher travel comfort. Responding to this need, Railways will introduce one such coach in select trains which will provide an excellent ambience and latest modern facilities and services," he said.
Such coaches will be named 'Anubhuti' with commensurate fare structure, he said.
Besides, he said a pilot project will be launched in select trains to facilitate passengers to contact on-board staff through SMS/phone calls for prompt response for coach cleanliness and provide real time feedback.
Provision of announcement facility and electronic display board in trains for disseminating information to on-board passengers about approaching stations, train running, and arrival platform will also be there, he said.
He also announced provisions of free wi-fi facility on several trains to cater to the increasing aspirations and requirement of the youth and other customers.
According to Railways, the interiors of the coach will sport a contemporary look with automatic opening and closing of internal doors.
The walls will be screw less unlike the present coaches and boast of ergonomically designed cushioned seats and berth with provisions of LCD video screens.
Besides, it will have modular toilets with vacuum discharge system and superior roller blinds as curtains.
The coaches have been reworked on the present LHB coaches which were introduced in Indian Railways about a decade ago in Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains.
'Anubhuti' is expected to be introduced by the year end.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express