Rail budget: Focus on Mathura, besides Rae Bareli, Amethi
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Besides Rae Bareli and Amethi, which are Lok Sabha constituencies of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Mathura has got special attention in new train services proposed in the Railway Budget presented in Parliament on Tuesday.
Mathura is represented by RLD general secretary Jayant Chaudhary, who is son of Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh.
Out of nine express trains proposed in the rail budget for year 2013-14 in UP, four trains will pass via Mathura and two via Rae Bareli. The Kolkata-Agra Express (daily) will run via Amethi, Rae Bareli and Mathura; Kota-Jammu Tawi Express (weekly) via Mathura and Palwal; Bandra Terminus-Ramnagar Express (weekly) via Nagda, Mathura, Kanpur, Lucknow and Rampur; Jaipur-Lucknow Express (tri-weekly) via Bandikui, Mathura and Kanpur; Yesvantpur-Lucknow Express (weekly) via Rae Bareli and Pratapgarh and Lucknow-Varanasi Express via Rae Bareily (6 days a week).
The other three express trains connecting cities in UP include Kamakhya (Guwahati)-Anand Vihar Express (weekly) via Katihar, Barauni, Sitapur Cantonment and Moradabad; Kanpur-Anand Vihar Express (weekly) via Farrukhabad and Mau-Anand Vihar Express (bi-weekly).
The state has also got two DEMU services between Lucknow and Sultanpur and Lucknow and Pratapgarh via Gauriganj. New MEMU trains are being introduced between Barabanki and Kanpur, and Lucknow and Hardoi. A new passenger train will run between Bareilly and Lalkuan daily.
Five trains have got extension, giving connectivity to UP districts with other states. These include Allahabad-Mathura Express that has been extended to Jaipur; Chhapra-Kanpur Anwarganj Express extended to Farrukhabad; Chandigarh-Lucknow Express extended to Patna (2 days); Sealdah-Varanasi Express (2 days) extended to Delhi via Lucknow, Moradabad and Delhi-Shamli DEMU extended to Saharanpur.
A new line between Sultanpur and Kadipur and doubling between Rae Bareli and Amethi are also proposed in the new budget.
The frequency of Agra Fort-Ahmedabad Express has been increased from 3 to 7 days; Gorakhpur-Ahmedabad Express from 1 to 2 days; Jhansi-Bandra (T) Express from 1 to 2 days and Kanpur-Jammu Tawi Express from 1 to 2 days.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express