Rail Ministry sanctions Nashik-Pune route
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
The Centre has finally accepted the 16-year-old demand for a Nashik-Pune rail route. Union Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal gave his nod to the project on Wednesday.
Reacting to the decision, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MP Sameer Bhujbal gave credit to the people of Nashik and Dhule.
He said the project would take at least eight years to complete after commencement of work. He said the first two surveys conducted by the Railways for a Nashik to Pune route were negative and claimed that he met the authorities several times and requested them to re-survey the route.