Railway budget brings no cheer to the city
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
As Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal announced the Rail Budget 2013-14 in New Delhi on Tuesday, there was little for Ludhiana residents barring some goodies. This, despite the fact that the minister himself belongs to Punjab.
Increase in Tatkaal booking charges and reservation/cancellation charges have too disappointed the residents.
However, the major disappointment for Ludhiana residents was the lack of no new Shatabdi for the city.
While the announcement of a project to double the track from Ludhiana railway station to Dhuri-Jakhal has come as relief for Ludhiana, the long-pending demand for a direct train from Ludhiana to Anandpur Sahib and Nanded has still got no response from the Railways Ministry.
An inter-city train from Chandigarh to Amritsar via Ludhiana and a passenger train from Amritsar-Lalkaun via Ludhiana are some other additions to Ludhiana's basket.
Besides, Ludhiana figures among the 104 railway stations chosen for installation of escalators.