Railway budget brings no cheer to the city
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
As Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal announced the Rail Budget 2013-14 in New Delhi on Tuesday, there was little for Ludhiana residents barring some goodies. This, despite the fact that the minister himself belongs to Punjab.
Increase in Tatkaal booking charges and reservation/cancellation charges have too disappointed the residents.
However, the major disappointment for Ludhiana residents was the lack of no new Shatabdi for the city.
While the announcement of a project to double the track from Ludhiana railway station to Dhuri-Jakhal has come as relief for Ludhiana, the long-pending demand for a direct train from Ludhiana to Anandpur Sahib and Nanded has still got no response from the Railways Ministry.
An inter-city train from Chandigarh to Amritsar via Ludhiana and a passenger train from Amritsar-Lalkaun via Ludhiana are some other additions to Ludhiana's basket.
Besides, Ludhiana figures among the 104 railway stations chosen for installation of escalators.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18