Railway engineer, wife convicted of corruption
- Home Ministry calls for high-level meet to discuss threat posed by ISIS
- VIDEO: 20 killed in Manipur landslide after heavy rain, several families homeless in Mizoram
- Indian Army, Chinese PLA hold maiden meet at DBO in Ladakh
- SP leader Farooq Ghosi, who demanded RS seat for Yakub Memon's widow, suspended from party
- Navy choppers gave air cover during Kalam's funeral: Defence
A special CBI court convicted Friday senior Central Railway divisional engineer Arvind Mittal of criminal misconduct under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Mittal was sentenced to three years rigorous imprisonment and fined Rs 75,000, while his wife Anjali was sentenced to a year's rigorous imprisonment. She was fined
Rs 50,000.The court held Arvind and Anjali guilty of habitually demanding and accepting illegal gratification. CBI had registered a case against the two in 2003 following allegations that Mittal had Rs 12.6 lakh that was not accounted for.