Railway tickets now available at Bharat Nagar post office
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
Finally, the Passenger Reservation System (PRS) started functioning at Head Post Office, Bharat Nagar, on Saturday. It was last year, on July 24, that Punjab Chief Postmaster General (CPMG) P R Kumar had announced to start the system within two months. But it finally saw the light of the day only today, after over a year of the announcement. A joint venture of Railways and Postal Department, PRS provides the facility of railway reservation tickets at the post office.
After inaugurating the system on Saturday, Kumar said, "Ludhiana Head Post office is the sixth in the state to have the PRS facility. It is already available at Patiala, Mohali, Jalandhar and Ferozepur, besides 4 post offices in Chandigarh tricity. The facility will be provided at Hoshiarpur and Gurdaspur soon."
About the extra charges that will be levied on purchase of tickets from the counter, Kumar said,"The buyer will have to pay an extra Rs 15 for sleeper class, Rs 20 for AC-3 tier and Rs 30 for AC Tier 1 per ticket."
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon