Railway tickets now available at Bharat Nagar post office
- SC slams BCCI over Lodha report: Better fall in line, or we will make you fall in line
- SAARC Summit: Now, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan say they won't be going to Islamabad
- To isolate Pak, India pulls out of Islamabad SAARC summit
- Global competitiveness index: India jumps 16 ranks for second time, now at 39
- Shimon Peres, last surviving link to Israel's founding fathers, dies at 93
Finally, the Passenger Reservation System (PRS) started functioning at Head Post Office, Bharat Nagar, on Saturday. It was last year, on July 24, that Punjab Chief Postmaster General (CPMG) P R Kumar had announced to start the system within two months. But it finally saw the light of the day only today, after over a year of the announcement. A joint venture of Railways and Postal Department, PRS provides the facility of railway reservation tickets at the post office.
After inaugurating the system on Saturday, Kumar said, "Ludhiana Head Post office is the sixth in the state to have the PRS facility. It is already available at Patiala, Mohali, Jalandhar and Ferozepur, besides 4 post offices in Chandigarh tricity. The facility will be provided at Hoshiarpur and Gurdaspur soon."
About the extra charges that will be levied on purchase of tickets from the counter, Kumar said,"The buyer will have to pay an extra Rs 15 for sleeper class, Rs 20 for AC-3 tier and Rs 30 for AC Tier 1 per ticket."
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Telescope: Going places
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP