Railway tickets now available at Bharat Nagar post office
- LIVE Netaji files: PM Modi declassifies 100 files on Subhash Chandra Bose
- Anti-national Rohith to Mother India son Rohith: Why the shift
- NIA arrests 13 Islamic State sympathisers in 'anti-terror' crackdown
- Rohith Vemula suicide: Police ready to move in, students set for face-off
- Live, Ind vs Aus, 5th ODI: Dhawan, Rohit get India off to flying start
Finally, the Passenger Reservation System (PRS) started functioning at Head Post Office, Bharat Nagar, on Saturday. It was last year, on July 24, that Punjab Chief Postmaster General (CPMG) P R Kumar had announced to start the system within two months. But it finally saw the light of the day only today, after over a year of the announcement. A joint venture of Railways and Postal Department, PRS provides the facility of railway reservation tickets at the post office.
After inaugurating the system on Saturday, Kumar said, "Ludhiana Head Post office is the sixth in the state to have the PRS facility. It is already available at Patiala, Mohali, Jalandhar and Ferozepur, besides 4 post offices in Chandigarh tricity. The facility will be provided at Hoshiarpur and Gurdaspur soon."
About the extra charges that will be levied on purchase of tickets from the counter, Kumar said,"The buyer will have to pay an extra Rs 15 for sleeper class, Rs 20 for AC-3 tier and Rs 30 for AC Tier 1 per ticket."