Railways cancels New Year celebrations
- LIVE: Western Railway resumes services, but Mumbai braces for more rain tomorrow
- Lalit Modi Row: BJP rejects demand for resignation of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Hooch liquor tragedy: Death toll rises to 41; eight policemen suspended
- J&K govt prevents Sopore Chalo march, top separatists detained
- Petition against Tendulkar's Bharat Ratna admitted by Madhya Pradesh HC
In view of the death of 23-year-old paramedic student, the Railways has decided not to have any New year festivities and has cancelled the celebrations scheduled to take place on New Year's Eve at its clubs on Punchkuian Road, State Entry Road and SP Marg Railway.