Railways cancels New Year celebrations
- India goes to poll in 9 phases between April 7 and May 12; counting on May 16
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
In view of the death of 23-year-old paramedic student, the Railways has decided not to have any New year festivities and has cancelled the celebrations scheduled to take place on New Year's Eve at its clubs on Punchkuian Road, State Entry Road and SP Marg Railway.