Rainfall brings down mercury 7 notches
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
Temperatures in the city fell by seven degrees Celcius after rainfall added a nip in the air. Over the past few days, the day temperature had crossed 20 degrees Celcius.
A total of 13.7 mm rainfall was received Thursday, of which 1.5 mm fell by till 8.30 am and the remaining 12.2 mm till 5.30 pm.
The day temperature dipped to 15 degrees Celcius, six degrees below normal.
While, due to cloudy conditions at night, the minimum temperature was recorded at 9.5 degrees, five degrees above normal.
The Met Department has predicted cloudy sky for Friday as well. Rainfall was experienced today throughout the region as well as snowfall on the higher reaches.