Raise a Toast
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Plane's disappearance deliberate, says Malaysian PM
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Unfazed, Arvind Kejriwal fires yet another salvo at media
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
Quiznos, an American sub chain, is the latest entrant at Hotel Aroma.
It's arguably the city's most well-known eatery. From boasting one of the first 24-hour coffee shops of Chandigarh, Hotel Aroma has evolved into a food court that now houses popular food chains. The result has been a bustling (that borders on being noisy at times) café-like ambience, ideal for a meal with the family as there is a smorgasbord of fast-food options — kathi rolls, wraps and burgers. The latest addition to this melting pot is Quiznos, an American sandwich chain (or sub as an American would refer to it), which has made its foray into India recently.
While most of us are well aware of a popular international sub chain, Quiznos offers a similar menu but the toasted breads here are the USP. The menu here offers a mix of international as well as Indian flavours. The Continental line-up leads with the likes of Classic Italian Sub to Tuna Melt and Chicken Carbonara. The Indian flavours come in with Aloo Spinach, Tandoori Chicken and even a Lamb Shikampuri. The other specialities of Quiznos like Sammies (mini flat bread sandwiches) and thin crust pizzas, though on the menu, are yet to be launched at this outlet, we were told.
Looking to try something new, we settled for a Chipotle Chicken sub. The sandwich came toasted and packed (a generous helping) with chicken, cheddar, lettuce, tomato and a tasty chipotle-mayo dressing. For the uninitiated, the chipotle is smoked chilli pepper, a common ingredient in Mexican cuisine. The flavours were indeed robust and though we weren't counting calories, it did make for a hearty meal. On whether the "toasting" is a USP, we admit it does help make the sandwich more appetising. Soups and salads are also part of the menu.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy