Raj Kumar Singh is new Union Home Secretary
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
Senior IAS officer Raj Kumar Singh was today appointed Union Home Secretary, succeeding G K Pillai who retires this month end.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Singh, a 1975 batch IAS officer of Bihar cadre, as Home Secretary for a period of two years.
Singh is at present Secretary, Department of Defence Production.
He will serve as Officer on Special Duty in the Home Ministry with immediate effect and till the date of his assumption of charge, an official release said.
Singh had earlier served in the Home Ministry as a Joint Secretary for nearly five years.
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?
- Lessons to learn from Rio Olympics
- Reminiscing after 70: What were the best decades of independent India?
- Inside Track: No party spirit
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility