Raj thackeray, Bhujbal visit ailing Bal Thackeray
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Maharashtra minister and senior NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal went to see ailing Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray to inquire about his health.
Bhujbal called a few hours after MNS president and Thackeray's estranged nephew Raj Thackeray and his wife Sharmila visited the Sena patriarch's residence 'Matoshree' in suburban Bandra, Sena sources said.
"Learning about Balasaheb's ill-health, Bhujbal rushed to meet him," a source close to the Thackeray family said.
However, he could not speak to the Sena chief as the latter was asleep.
"Bhujbal met Uddhav Thackeray. They had a discussion for over 30 minutes," the source said.
Bhujbal, once a senior Sena leader, left in the 1990s to join Congress, and later joined NCP.