Raj Thackeray challenged by SP's Abu Asim Azmi, says find Bangladeshis, get Rs 2 crore
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Samajwadi Party leader Abu Asim Azmi today offered Rs 2 crore to MNS chief Raj Thackeray if he substantiates his allegation about Bangladeshi voters in the Assembly constituency from where he won the poll.
"Raj Thackeray says there are lakhs of Bangladeshis in my constituency. I will give Rs 2 crore if he shows even 1 lakh Bangladeshis and Pakistanis in Bhiwandi," Azmi said at a press conference here.
Azmi even displayed the Rs two crore cheque on the occasion.
"I will quit politics if his charge is proved. If he fails, he will have to quit," Azmi said, accusing the MNS chief of playing politics by fooling Marathi people.
"Raj has abused me. Even I can hurl abuse, but my tehzeeb doesn't allow it," Azmi said. The MNS morcha here yesterday was taken out without permission and police should act against the organisers, he said.
Azmi congratulated Mumbai police commissioner Arup Patnaik for displaying "restraint" while tackling the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan.
"The drug mafia was behind that violence. The culprits joined the protest morcha later," he said.
On Raj Thackeray displaying a purported Bangladeshi passport at the rally yesterday, Azmi said, "The throwing of passport should be inquired into. It is a serious offence."
"Raj Thackeray is against Dalits and Muslims. His Hindutva face has come to the fore," Azmi said.
RJD slams Raj Thackeray for anti-North Indian diatribes, burn effigy
Patna: RJD slammed Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray and burnt his effigy today for his diatribes against the people of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
RJD supporters, led by its Bihar unit chief Ramchandra Purve took out a protest march here and shouted slogans against Thackeray before burning his effigy for his tirade and holding the immigrants from the two states responsible for violent protests in Mumbai recently.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress