Raj Thackeray's anti-migrant slur merits no attention: Patil
A day after MNS president Raj Thackeray asked party workers to "teach migrants from other states indulging in crime a lesson", Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil today said such provocation merits no attention.
"Police have better tasks to do than to take note of the statements of such people. The best approach is to ignore them," Patil told reporters while responding to a query whether police will scrutinise the speech made by Raj at a rally in Kolhapur town.
Raj had attacked migrants from other states, saying "If they indulge in crimes here, teach them a lesson."
Patil said Raj's speech showed his "true level".
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan