Raj Thackeray's MLA, 15 others booked for attacking engineer
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) legislator and 15 others were booked for rioting and attacking a civic body engineer at his office in suburban Ghatkopar, police said today.
The FIR was registered against MLA Ram Kadam and 15 others after a mob barged into the office of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation's Deputy Engineer Mahesh Fad (36) at Ghatkopar yesterday, police said today.
Fad had led a to demolish an illegal construction in Bhatwaadi area.
Later, the officer was allegedly threatened by Kadam, who asked him not to go ahead with the drive, police said.
However, the engineer continued with the demolition and after a while, a group of people, including a woman Mangal Kamble, whose structure was demolished, threatened the engineer and threw water bottles and punching machine at him, police said.
The engineer, who got injured in the attack, approached the police station last evening, said Suresh Nirmal, Senior Inspector at Pant Nagar police station.
Nobody has been arrested so far; police said adding that further probe was on.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress