Raj Thackeray's MLA, 15 others booked for attacking engineer
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal slapped again, BJP says AAP's 'false promises' may be the cause
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Mamata government asks Election Commission to reconsider transfer orders of West Bengal officials
A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) legislator and 15 others were booked for rioting and attacking a civic body engineer at his office in suburban Ghatkopar, police said today.
The FIR was registered against MLA Ram Kadam and 15 others after a mob barged into the office of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation's Deputy Engineer Mahesh Fad (36) at Ghatkopar yesterday, police said today.
Fad had led a to demolish an illegal construction in Bhatwaadi area.
Later, the officer was allegedly threatened by Kadam, who asked him not to go ahead with the drive, police said.
However, the engineer continued with the demolition and after a while, a group of people, including a woman Mangal Kamble, whose structure was demolished, threatened the engineer and threw water bottles and punching machine at him, police said.
The engineer, who got injured in the attack, approached the police station last evening, said Suresh Nirmal, Senior Inspector at Pant Nagar police station.
Nobody has been arrested so far; police said adding that further probe was on.
The legislator and others were booked under IPC sections 141 (Unlawful assembly), 147 (Punishment for rioting), 353 (Assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty), 332 (Voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 336 (Act endangering life or personal safety of others), 452 (House-trespass alter preparation for hurt, assault or wrongful restraint), 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation), among others.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city