Raj Thackeray's MLA, 15 others booked for attacking engineer
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) legislator and 15 others were booked for rioting and attacking a civic body engineer at his office in suburban Ghatkopar, police said today.
The FIR was registered against MLA Ram Kadam and 15 others after a mob barged into the office of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation's Deputy Engineer Mahesh Fad (36) at Ghatkopar yesterday, police said today.
Fad had led a to demolish an illegal construction in Bhatwaadi area.
Later, the officer was allegedly threatened by Kadam, who asked him not to go ahead with the drive, police said.
However, the engineer continued with the demolition and after a while, a group of people, including a woman Mangal Kamble, whose structure was demolished, threatened the engineer and threw water bottles and punching machine at him, police said.
The engineer, who got injured in the attack, approached the police station last evening, said Suresh Nirmal, Senior Inspector at Pant Nagar police station.
Nobody has been arrested so far; police said adding that further probe was on.