Raj Thackeray's MLA, 15 others booked for attacking engineer
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) legislator and 15 others were booked for rioting and attacking a civic body engineer at his office in suburban Ghatkopar, police said today.
The FIR was registered against MLA Ram Kadam and 15 others after a mob barged into the office of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation's Deputy Engineer Mahesh Fad (36) at Ghatkopar yesterday, police said today.
Fad had led a to demolish an illegal construction in Bhatwaadi area.
Later, the officer was allegedly threatened by Kadam, who asked him not to go ahead with the drive, police said.
However, the engineer continued with the demolition and after a while, a group of people, including a woman Mangal Kamble, whose structure was demolished, threatened the engineer and threw water bottles and punching machine at him, police said.
The engineer, who got injured in the attack, approached the police station last evening, said Suresh Nirmal, Senior Inspector at Pant Nagar police station.
Nobody has been arrested so far; police said adding that further probe was on.
The legislator and others were booked under IPC sections 141 (Unlawful assembly), 147 (Punishment for rioting), 353 (Assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty), 332 (Voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 336 (Act endangering life or personal safety of others), 452 (House-trespass alter preparation for hurt, assault or wrongful restraint), 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation), among others.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express