Raj Thackeray's MNS threatens Shah Rukh Khan's Chennai Express
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Rohit Shetty's Chennai Express which is currently in news for its extensive promotions has been facing trouble from the political party Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS). The party is miffed with the makers of the film for booking all the time slots in single screens, as this would mean that the regional Marathi movies will take a backseat.
The film which was recently postponed owing to the Eid celebrations, apparently poses as a threat to new Marathi films releasing and also to the ones like Duniyadari which are still running in full houses in non metro cities and small towns. MNS film wing Chief Amey Khopkar recently stated that if the makers are not ready to take action, then his team will soon remove the publicity posters from Maharashtra.
However, in order to resolve the matter, Rohit Shetty, director of Chennai Express, UTV productions team and the team of the Marathi film Duniyadari will meet with the MNS president Raj Thackeray at the latter's residence at 12.30 pm today.