‘Raja Bhaiyya threatening us’
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Slain village pradhan Nanhe Yadav's family has alleged that they were getting threats from former UP minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya's aides, who were asking them to withdraw a petition filed in Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on the murder.
Pradhan's brother Pawan, who reportedly filed the petition last week which the court may take up on April 1, alleged that he and his brothers Phoolchand and Sudhir and other family members are getting threats from Raja Bhaiya's aides since the CBI began the investigation.
He alleged that they initially received threats on their cellphones and now Raja Bhaiyya's aides were sending women members of their families to his home to convey the threats.
Pawan told The Indian Express that they would be handing over a written complaint to CBI officials on Thursday regarding the threats. He said that he had named Raja Bhaiyya's four aides — Guddu Singh, Vijay Pal, latter's nephew Sanjay Pal and Raj Kumar — for allegedly killing his brother Suresh.
Similarly, his brother Phoolchand had named Kamta Pal, his son Ajay and Guddu Singh's brothers Rajeev and Ajit for allegedly killing their brother, pradhan Nanhe Yadav, on March 2. Suresh and CO Ziaul Haque were found shot dead after pradhan's murder same night. Guddu and his brother Rajeev were arrested on March 4.
Pawan alleged that Nanhey Singh, who is Raja Bhaiyya's close aide had started threatening him and his brothers since the arrest of Guddu Singh. He allegedly had threatened not to give statement against Raja Bhaiyya or his aides, including Guddu. They also had received anonymous phone calls after CBI began the investigation threatening them to keep mum and avoid referring Raja Bhaiyya's name during questioning by the agency, he alleged.
Besides, Pawan's brother Sudhir said one of Raja Bhaiyya's employee Rama Saroj had sent his wife last week to his home.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today