Rajasthan: Shame people defecating in open, get cash
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
A week after the zila parishad in Jhunjhunu district announced that it will launch a campaign to shame people who relieve themselves in public places, it has now decided to give cash rewards and certificates to volunteers who help in shaming open defecators. The body has announced a reward of Rs 500 to volunteers who raise a stink over the offence.
The zila parishad on November 4 had announced that students and volunteers from NGOs across the district will be roped in to embarrass anyone who is caught relieving themselves in public. It had suggested blowing whistles and beating drums while standing behind open defecators.
The body aims to cleanse the district and encourage residents to construct and use their own toilets instead of urinating or defecating in the open.