Rajat overcomes Sumit in final
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
Rajat Khaneja caused an upset when he defeated Sumit Talwar 4-2 in the final of the Chandigarh billiards and snooker championship held in Sector 22 on Saturday. It was a great win for Kaneja as he defeated Sumit who is currently ranked No 2 in national 9-Ball & 80-Ball Pool.
It was Sumit who started off well and claimed the first frame 52-21. But Rajat stayed in the match by winning the second frame. It was after this that Rajat really took off. He took control of the match and potted aggressively to put Sumit on the back foot. His control over the cue was a delight to watch. Soon, he was leading by 3-2. Though Sumit tried to make a comeback, Rajat simply overpowered him. He potted a long red and capitalised on that to win the frame and also the match 4-2. The final score was 21-62, 68-61, 45-44, 42-50, 15-62, 21-61.
Earlier in the semifinals, Rajat outplayed Rahul Garg by 2-11, 56-27, 64-33 while Sumit had defeated Rishabh Gupta 2-0 to enter the final.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since