Rajat Rawail drops plans to remake Kaalia
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police on Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Bismillah Khan's family says no to propose Narendra Modi's candidature in Varanasi
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
Actor-producer Rajat Rawail who had earlier produced Ready, the remake of 2008 Telugu film by the same name has abandoned his plans to produce the remake of the Amitabh Bachchan starrer Kaalia (1981). While the news created a lot of buzz, he says, "I bought the rights of Kaalia last year. I found the film apt for a remake, but unfortunately, as time passed by, I could not crack the story of the new version, and so I am no longer doing it." Reportedly, he had paid Rs.3 crore to Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd. for the film's rights.
Currently, Rawail is among the 14 participants of the popular TV reality show, Bigg Boss Season 7 and has kept his film assignments on hold. "I have plans to produce a comedy film, however, it is too early to talk about it. I shall work on it only next year. Most likely the film will go on the floors in March 2014." said Rawail.
Regarding his participation in the Bigg Boss house, Rawail says, "I don't know if Salman (Khan) recommended my name, but I just got a call from Colors. Now, I am looking forward to my stay in the house." Meanwhile, Rawail who had earlier acted in films like Bodyguard and Gali Gali Chor Hai, has been roped in to play an important role in the Ameesha Patel starrer Desi Magic. "I called up the producers and told them to adjust my dates. Everything is under control now," he says.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota