Rajat Rawail drops plans to remake Kaalia
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
Actor-producer Rajat Rawail who had earlier produced Ready, the remake of 2008 Telugu film by the same name has abandoned his plans to produce the remake of the Amitabh Bachchan starrer Kaalia (1981). While the news created a lot of buzz, he says, "I bought the rights of Kaalia last year. I found the film apt for a remake, but unfortunately, as time passed by, I could not crack the story of the new version, and so I am no longer doing it." Reportedly, he had paid Rs.3 crore to Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd. for the film's rights.
Currently, Rawail is among the 14 participants of the popular TV reality show, Bigg Boss Season 7 and has kept his film assignments on hold. "I have plans to produce a comedy film, however, it is too early to talk about it. I shall work on it only next year. Most likely the film will go on the floors in March 2014." said Rawail.
Regarding his participation in the Bigg Boss house, Rawail says, "I don't know if Salman (Khan) recommended my name, but I just got a call from Colors. Now, I am looking forward to my stay in the house." Meanwhile, Rawail who had earlier acted in films like Bodyguard and Gali Gali Chor Hai, has been roped in to play an important role in the Ameesha Patel starrer Desi Magic. "I called up the producers and told them to adjust my dates. Everything is under control now," he says.