Raje misleading people on Gujjar reservation issue: Gehlot
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has accused BJP state president Vasundhara Raje of misleading people on Gujjar reservation issue by promising that the party would give five per cent reservation to the community if voted to power.
Gehlot said the state government has already granted five per cent reservation under special backward class.
"Congress government has given five per cent reservation after crossing several hurdles. Their people got stay (on reservation) from the High Court so that Congress can not take credit but the government could give one per cent reservation under SBC and the issue of four per cent is subjudice," Gehlot said in a statement.
"Raje's statement that BJP government if voted to power would give five per cent reservation to Gujjars is nothing but a false promise," he said.
Gehlot said that Raje had misled the community during her Pariwartan Yatra in 2008 also on Gujjar reservation issue.
"70 people who were demanding reservation were killed in police firing during the tenure of Raje," Gehlot alleged.