Rajesh Khanna death: Anita Advani case vs Dimple, Akshay in court
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
The court asked Khanna's actress wife Dimple Kapadia, daughters Twinkle and Rinki, and son-in-law Akshay Kumar to appear before him "without fail" on December 4 to give their views on arriving at a settlement, if they so desired.
The magistrate further said that if the parties did not agree to a settlement, he would hear the matter and dispose it of in a month.
In her petition, Anita Advani has accused Khanna's family of having evicted her from his bungalow, thereby attracting provisions of the Domestic Violence Act.
Advani has prayed that she be granted protection under the Domestic Violence Act, allowed access to 'Ashirwad', the actor's bungalow in Bandra where she claimed to have lived with Khanna since 2003.
In her petition, she has alleged that after Khanna passed way in July this year, his family members evicted her thereby committing an offence under the Domestic Violence Act.
Advani has also challenged the will purported to have been executed by the actor before his death. According to her, he had not left behind any will and that a will was forged by his family. She has alleged that the actor's family had obtained his thumb impression on the will when he was critically ill and not capable of understanding anything.
The complainant has claimed monetary relief in the form of maintenance from the estate of Rajesh Khanna.
Advani claimed that she lived with the actor in the "shared household" (defined under the Domestic Violence Act as a place where a man and woman live as husband and wife)and hence was entitled to maintenance to support herself.
(With agency inputs)
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress