Rajesh Khanna’s ‘live-in partner’ files case against Dimple, Twinkle, Akshay
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra; Ansari not to contest against Modi
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- Mulayam questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
Three months after actor Rajesh Khanna died, Anita Advani — who claims to have been his live-in partner for nearly a decade — has filed a domestic violence case against Khanna's wife Dimple, their daughters Twinkle and Rinkie, and son-in-law and actor Akshay Kumar.
Magistrate S S Deshpande has asked the family to file their say on or before November 27. In a domestic violence case filed before the Bandra Magistrate court on Wednesday, Advani claimed that as she was Khanna's live-in partner since 2003, she is entitled to his property. She also said she was forcibly evicted from his sprawling Carter Road residence Aashirwad.
Alleging that Khanna's family manipulated the will, Advani sought protection under the Domestic Violence Act and re-entry into the house. In her application, she further stated that under Section 19 of the Act, the magistrate may, on being satisfied that domestic violence has taken place, pass a residence order restraining the respondent from "dispossessing or in any other manner disturbing the possession of the aggrieved person from the shared household whether or not the respondent has a legal or equitable interest in the shared household", and that the family is guilty of evicting her from the house.
Advani's lawyer Manohar Shetty said in case the court doesn't help her get possession of the bungalow, she seeks Rs 50 crore compensation under Section 20 of the Act.
Advani is an entrepreneur and niece of former Philippines president Ferdinand Emmanuel Marcos.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi