Rajesh Khanna’s ‘live-in partner’ files case against Dimple, Twinkle, Akshay
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Narendra Modi tukde-tukde kar dega: Rahul Gandhi
- EC notice to Azam for Kargil, other remarks
- Lok Sabha elections: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- April 9 Campaign roundup: Gujarat model "balloon" will burst the same way as 'India Shining', says Rahul
Three months after actor Rajesh Khanna died, Anita Advani — who claims to have been his live-in partner for nearly a decade — has filed a domestic violence case against Khanna's wife Dimple, their daughters Twinkle and Rinkie, and son-in-law and actor Akshay Kumar.
Magistrate S S Deshpande has asked the family to file their say on or before November 27. In a domestic violence case filed before the Bandra Magistrate court on Wednesday, Advani claimed that as she was Khanna's live-in partner since 2003, she is entitled to his property. She also said she was forcibly evicted from his sprawling Carter Road residence Aashirwad.
Alleging that Khanna's family manipulated the will, Advani sought protection under the Domestic Violence Act and re-entry into the house. In her application, she further stated that under Section 19 of the Act, the magistrate may, on being satisfied that domestic violence has taken place, pass a residence order restraining the respondent from "dispossessing or in any other manner disturbing the possession of the aggrieved person from the shared household whether or not the respondent has a legal or equitable interest in the shared household", and that the family is guilty of evicting her from the house.
Advani's lawyer Manohar Shetty said in case the court doesn't help her get possession of the bungalow, she seeks Rs 50 crore compensation under Section 20 of the Act.
Advani is an entrepreneur and niece of former Philippines president Ferdinand Emmanuel Marcos.
- Narendra Modi invokes Sayajirao Gaekwad as he files nomination
- Maybe I’ll still get to 10,000 Test runs, says Kevin Pietersen
- Jet flight ‘vanished’ for 30 mins over Germany
- Anna sells first-timers NOTA option
- Narendra Modi mentions wife in poll affidavit for the first time
- Naveen record hunt is a tough one