Rajesh Khanna’s name recommended for Padma award
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Bollywood's superstar Rajesh Khanna, who was not considered for Padma awards during his lifetime, could get one posthumously.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has recommended Khanna's name along with other film personalities for Padma awards under the arts category to the Home Ministry. Names of film-maker Ramesh Sippy and singer Kailash Kher are being recommended for Padma awards, sources in I&B Ministry said. Khanna, who was a Congress Lok Sabha MP from New Delhi Lok Sabha seat in 1991, died on July 18 this year.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance