Rajesh Khanna’s name recommended for Padma award
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
Bollywood's superstar Rajesh Khanna, who was not considered for Padma awards during his lifetime, could get one posthumously.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has recommended Khanna's name along with other film personalities for Padma awards under the arts category to the Home Ministry. Names of film-maker Ramesh Sippy and singer Kailash Kher are being recommended for Padma awards, sources in I&B Ministry said. Khanna, who was a Congress Lok Sabha MP from New Delhi Lok Sabha seat in 1991, died on July 18 this year.