Rajesh Khanna’s name recommended for Padma award
- India will set climate change conference agenda: Narendra Modi
- From Kerala family to ex-gangster, Islamic State pulls Maldives men
- Collegium system end: NJAC is in, judges lose say in hiring
- BJP-RSS set to demolish secular democratic foundations: CPI(M)
- Ahmedabad: Saffron uniform for Hindu kids, green for Muslim
Bollywood's superstar Rajesh Khanna, who was not considered for Padma awards during his lifetime, could get one posthumously.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has recommended Khanna's name along with other film personalities for Padma awards under the arts category to the Home Ministry. Names of film-maker Ramesh Sippy and singer Kailash Kher are being recommended for Padma awards, sources in I&B Ministry said. Khanna, who was a Congress Lok Sabha MP from New Delhi Lok Sabha seat in 1991, died on July 18 this year.