Rajesh Khanna’s name recommended for Padma award
- Yoga Day celebration at Rajpath sets two Guinness World Records
- Yoga not religious; an antidote to violence, conflict: Swaraj at UN
- Death toll climbs to 97 in Mumbai hooch tragedy, 2 women arrested
- 'Peepli Live' co-director, Mahmood Farooqui arrested on rape charges
- Lalit Modi invoked British royal names for UK travel papers
Bollywood's superstar Rajesh Khanna, who was not considered for Padma awards during his lifetime, could get one posthumously.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has recommended Khanna's name along with other film personalities for Padma awards under the arts category to the Home Ministry. Names of film-maker Ramesh Sippy and singer Kailash Kher are being recommended for Padma awards, sources in I&B Ministry said. Khanna, who was a Congress Lok Sabha MP from New Delhi Lok Sabha seat in 1991, died on July 18 this year.