Rajesh Khanna's ashes immersed in Ganges
- SC bans registration of diesel vehicles above 2000cc in Delhi from Jan 1
- A day after CBI raid, Kejriwal points finger at Arun Jaitley over DDCA irregularities
- What Kejriwal’s tweets set off in BJP party office and the House
- Benchmark trial done in record 9 months, wheels of justice stall in other rape cases
- Either GST or destabilising of non-BJP govts, both cannot be together: Ghulam Nabi Azad
Amid chanting of vedic hymns, the ashes of Bollywood superstar Rajesh Khanna were immersed today in holy river Ganga in Uttarakhand's Rishikesh town. The urn containing the ashes was brought here from Mumbai by actress Dimple Kapadia, wife of late Rajesh Khanna, and her daughter Rinki.
Amid chanting of vedic hymns, the two immersed the ashes in the sacred river. A large number of people witnessed the event.
Khanna died last week in Mumbai after protracted illness.
- Odd-even car proposal being enforced without evidence or cost-benefit analysis
- This isn’t the last that France will see of Marine Le Pen and her National Front
- Climate agreement strikes fine balance between ambition, differentiation and finance
- Benedict Anderson’s work spurred debates on nationalism, neglected by the Left till then
- Paris Agreement will provide the template for future climate change action
- That’s what Pakistan’s broken pledges have reduced Afghanistan to