Rajesh Khanna's ashes immersed in Ganges
- Gujarat ATS foil 'lone wolf' attacks, arrest two persons on suspicion of links to Islamic State
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi urges everyone to promote BHIM app
- Kansas shooting: Srinivas Kuchibhotla's body to reach Hyderabad today
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS clutches recounts traumatic experience as prisoner in Libya
- In last lap, EC dismay at ‘inflammatory’ talk, tells parties to not raise religion, caste
Amid chanting of vedic hymns, the ashes of Bollywood superstar Rajesh Khanna were immersed today in holy river Ganga in Uttarakhand's Rishikesh town. The urn containing the ashes was brought here from Mumbai by actress Dimple Kapadia, wife of late Rajesh Khanna, and her daughter Rinki.
Amid chanting of vedic hymns, the two immersed the ashes in the sacred river. A large number of people witnessed the event.
Khanna died last week in Mumbai after protracted illness.
- Across the aisle: From university to mediocrity
- Fifth column: The cost of casteism
- Out of my mind: Trump tornado
- Inside Track: Treading cautiously
- RBI’s obstinate refusal to cut policy rates is not based on economic logic
- As a Communist student activist, I was never attacked by ABVP members; that was another era