Rajesh Khanna's ashes immersed in Ganges
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Wary of Muslim âdisapprovalâ, Mamata doesnât meet US envoy
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
Amid chanting of vedic hymns, the ashes of Bollywood superstar Rajesh Khanna were immersed today in holy river Ganga in Uttarakhand's Rishikesh town. The urn containing the ashes was brought here from Mumbai by actress Dimple Kapadia, wife of late Rajesh Khanna, and her daughter Rinki.
Amid chanting of vedic hymns, the two immersed the ashes in the sacred river. A large number of people witnessed the event.
Khanna died last week in Mumbai after protracted illness.
- Army withdraws invite asking scribes not to wear pheran at J&K press meet
- Orissa law minister shot at in Puri
- In attendance, Rahul led party in Lok Sabha — from the bottom
- Court raises Jaya silver question
- Gang with Pak link duped Indians in Saudi, busted
- Wary of Muslim ‘disapproval’, Mamata doesn’t meet US envoy
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly