Rajesh Khanna's ashes immersed in Ganges
- Ahead of Kisan rally, Rahul Gandhi meets delegation of farmers
- After death of 15-year-old in Narbal, J&K police say troops violated SOP
- AAP rebel Yogendra Yadav calls show cause notice a joke
- Suicide bombing in eastern Afghanistan kills 30, injures over 80
- First Germany, now UK objects to India ‘breach’ of secret bank data
Amid chanting of vedic hymns, the ashes of Bollywood superstar Rajesh Khanna were immersed today in holy river Ganga in Uttarakhand's Rishikesh town. The urn containing the ashes was brought here from Mumbai by actress Dimple Kapadia, wife of late Rajesh Khanna, and her daughter Rinki.
Amid chanting of vedic hymns, the two immersed the ashes in the sacred river. A large number of people witnessed the event.
Khanna died last week in Mumbai after protracted illness.