Rajesh Khanna's ashes immersed in Ganges
- PM Narendra Modi calls meeting to review 'Most Favoured Nation' status to Pakistan
- BK Bansal, senior bureaucrat, commits suicide along with son at his Delhi residence
- US presidential debate: Trump, Hillary Clinton deny their own words
- Nine out of ten people in world breathing polluted air: WHO
- Behind the voices at Maratha rallies, an anti-Dalit tone
Amid chanting of vedic hymns, the ashes of Bollywood superstar Rajesh Khanna were immersed today in holy river Ganga in Uttarakhand's Rishikesh town. The urn containing the ashes was brought here from Mumbai by actress Dimple Kapadia, wife of late Rajesh Khanna, and her daughter Rinki.
Amid chanting of vedic hymns, the two immersed the ashes in the sacred river. A large number of people witnessed the event.
Khanna died last week in Mumbai after protracted illness.
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump
- As Russia draws closer to Pakistan and China, India must stop taking it for granted
- A year after, the new constitution is owned only by the political elite
- India urgently wants sporting greatness — but its desire is fraught with dangers
- Loud jingoism and war talk erode India’s credibility