Rajesh Khanna's name recommended for Padma award
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
Bollywood's first superstar Rajesh Khanna, who was not considered for Padma awards during his lifetime, could get one posthumously.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry is understood to have recommended Khanna's name along with other film personalities for Padma awards under the arts category to the Home Ministry.
Names of film maker Ramesh Sippy and singer Kailash Kher are being recommended for Padma awards, sources in I&B Ministry said.
Khanna, who was a Congress Lok Sabha MP from New Delhi Lok Sabha seat in 1991, died on July 18 this year.