Rajesh Khanna's name recommended for Padma award
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
Bollywood's first superstar Rajesh Khanna, who was not considered for Padma awards during his lifetime, could get one posthumously.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry is understood to have recommended Khanna's name along with other film personalities for Padma awards under the arts category to the Home Ministry.
Names of film maker Ramesh Sippy and singer Kailash Kher are being recommended for Padma awards, sources in I&B Ministry said.
Khanna, who was a Congress Lok Sabha MP from New Delhi Lok Sabha seat in 1991, died on July 18 this year.
Bhupen Hazarika was given Padma Vibhushan after he died in 2011.