Rajesh Khanna's name recommended for Padma award
- One year of AAP sarkar: Kejriwal announces cleaner water, better healthcare facilities
- JNU row: Meet the family of Kanhaiya who is a ‘danger to Mother India’
- Great as FM, reforms stopped after Manmohan Singh became PM: Jaitley
- Dial Kejriwal: Delhi Cabinet to take your calls today, 11 am onwards
- Sunanda Pushkar death probe: Tharoor questioned by Delhi Police for 5 hours
Bollywood's first superstar Rajesh Khanna, who was not considered for Padma awards during his lifetime, could get one posthumously.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry is understood to have recommended Khanna's name along with other film personalities for Padma awards under the arts category to the Home Ministry.
Names of film maker Ramesh Sippy and singer Kailash Kher are being recommended for Padma awards, sources in I&B Ministry said.
Khanna, who was a Congress Lok Sabha MP from New Delhi Lok Sabha seat in 1991, died on July 18 this year.