Rajesh Khanna's name recommended for Padma award
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Bollywood's first superstar Rajesh Khanna, who was not considered for Padma awards during his lifetime, could get one posthumously.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry is understood to have recommended Khanna's name along with other film personalities for Padma awards under the arts category to the Home Ministry.
Names of film maker Ramesh Sippy and singer Kailash Kher are being recommended for Padma awards, sources in I&B Ministry said.
Khanna, who was a Congress Lok Sabha MP from New Delhi Lok Sabha seat in 1991, died on July 18 this year.
Bhupen Hazarika was given Padma Vibhushan after he died in 2011.