Rajinikanth asks fans to kick smoking habit
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Tamil cinema icon Rajinikanth, whose inimitable style of popping a cigarette into his mouth earned him many a fan among youth, has urged them to kick the habit.
Addressing a gathering of his fans to mark his 62nd birthday after many years here last night, he said his illness had been caused by smoking, but admitted he was unable to given it up.
"I haven't quit smoking, but you should do so," he said adding he recovered from his kidney ailment, involving extensive medical treatment, only by God's grace and the prayers of his fans.
The actor, who once extended support to a DMK-led combine in elections against AIADMK, said that he has no political ambitions.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage