Rajinikanth asks fans to kick smoking habit
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
Tamil cinema icon Rajinikanth, whose inimitable style of popping a cigarette into his mouth earned him many a fan among youth, has urged them to kick the habit.
Addressing a gathering of his fans to mark his 62nd birthday after many years here last night, he said his illness had been caused by smoking, but admitted he was unable to given it up.
"I haven't quit smoking, but you should do so," he said adding he recovered from his kidney ailment, involving extensive medical treatment, only by God's grace and the prayers of his fans.
The actor, who once extended support to a DMK-led combine in elections against AIADMK, said that he has no political ambitions.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar