Rajinikanth joins hunger strike against service tax
- No resignations, BJP prepares for stormy Monsoon session
- IPL GC meet: Thakur-Shirke want CSK, RR scrapped; Shukla-Shastri say no
- Arvind Kejriwal to PM: Devote time to Delhi Police or hand over its charge
- Two killed in landslide on Mumbai-Pune Expressway, traffic comes to halt
- IIT Delhi's decision to invite Ramdev raises eyebrows
A fine is for doing wrong while a tax is for doing the right thing. Well, southern superstar Rajnikanth has joined the day long hunger strike protesting the service tax levied by the centre. The strike already features other prominent members from the Tamil film industry who are demanding exemption from the service tax.
Adding to the directors, choreographers and technicians who are on strike are the theatres across the state of Tamil Nadu that will remain closed till evening today, while films that are currently being shot have also been suspended for a day.