Rajinikanth joins hunger strike against service tax
- BJP unhappy over Gadkari-Raj meeting, says it's a closed chapter
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
A fine is for doing wrong while a tax is for doing the right thing. Well, southern superstar Rajnikanth has joined the day long hunger strike protesting the service tax levied by the centre. The strike already features other prominent members from the Tamil film industry who are demanding exemption from the service tax.
Adding to the directors, choreographers and technicians who are on strike are the theatres across the state of Tamil Nadu that will remain closed till evening today, while films that are currently being shot have also been suspended for a day.
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for ‘Hindu-Muslim’ unity
- Villagers pay back Surat teacher in cash and kind
- ‘Hope Afridi’s last over sixes vs India leave a lasting impact like Miandad’s’
- Mulayam puts Akhilesh ministers on notice: ‘Mend your ways or lose job’
- Rehman’s believe-it-or-not: 8 runs from 0 balls
- Modi full of lies, deceit: Maya