Rajinikanth joins hunger strike against service tax
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
A fine is for doing wrong while a tax is for doing the right thing. Well, southern superstar Rajnikanth has joined the day long hunger strike protesting the service tax levied by the centre. The strike already features other prominent members from the Tamil film industry who are demanding exemption from the service tax.
Adding to the directors, choreographers and technicians who are on strike are the theatres across the state of Tamil Nadu that will remain closed till evening today, while films that are currently being shot have also been suspended for a day.