Rajinikanth to unveil 'Kochadaiyaan' at Cannes
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
There is nothing that Rajini can't. Much like his friend Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth too will be attending Cannes film festival this year.
His visit, however, will be in order to launch the preview of his upcoming film, Kochadaiyaan.
The film, a period drama directed by his daughter Soundarya R Ashwin, is scheduled to release this July.
The production house, Eros International, has therefore, decided to use the opportunity of the festival, which is scheduled to take place between May 15 and 26, to launch the film that will release in Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, English as well as Japanese.
"It will also be an opportunity to showcase the state-of-the-art technology we have used, on par with Avatar, to make the film," confirmed an official from Eros.
It also helps, the official said, that India is the guest country at the festival and will have a large delegation of film personalities in attendance.