Rajinikanth to unveil 'Kochadaiyaan' at Cannes
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
There is nothing that Rajini can't. Much like his friend Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth too will be attending Cannes film festival this year.
His visit, however, will be in order to launch the preview of his upcoming film, Kochadaiyaan.
The film, a period drama directed by his daughter Soundarya R Ashwin, is scheduled to release this July.
The production house, Eros International, has therefore, decided to use the opportunity of the festival, which is scheduled to take place between May 15 and 26, to launch the film that will release in Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, English as well as Japanese.
"It will also be an opportunity to showcase the state-of-the-art technology we have used, on par with Avatar, to make the film," confirmed an official from Eros.
It also helps, the official said, that India is the guest country at the festival and will have a large delegation of film personalities in attendance.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit