Rajinikanth to unveil 'Kochadaiyaan' at Cannes
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
There is nothing that Rajini can't. Much like his friend Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth too will be attending Cannes film festival this year.
His visit, however, will be in order to launch the preview of his upcoming film, Kochadaiyaan.
The film, a period drama directed by his daughter Soundarya R Ashwin, is scheduled to release this July.
The production house, Eros International, has therefore, decided to use the opportunity of the festival, which is scheduled to take place between May 15 and 26, to launch the film that will release in Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, English as well as Japanese.
"It will also be an opportunity to showcase the state-of-the-art technology we have used, on par with Avatar, to make the film," confirmed an official from Eros.
It also helps, the official said, that India is the guest country at the festival and will have a large delegation of film personalities in attendance.