Rajinikanth to watch Kamal Haasan's controversial Vishwaroopam
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
They've always been the best of friends and the best of rivals. The two super-icons of Tamil cinema Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth have always stood by each other and even counseled their respective fanatic fan clubs to desist from disruptive practices against the other superstar's releases.
It therefore comes as no surprise to know that Rajinikanth would be watching Kamal Haasan's controversial Vishwaroopam today.
Says a source close to Kamal Haasan, "Yes, Rajini Sir is indeed watching Vishwaroopam on Kamal Sir's request. Rajini Sir was one of the first actors in Tamil Nadu who spoke up in favour of Kamal Sir's film when all the protests broke out. He even offered to do a film free of cost to compensate for the losses suffered by Kamal Sir because of the protests. Kamal Sir has arranged a screening of Vishwaroopam in the special Auro 3D for Rajni Sir."
Says Kamal Haasan, "I'm expressing my gratitude to all my colleagues in the Tamil film industry for standing by me. I've a screening at the 6 Degrees theatre in the Auro 3D format for all my friends this evening."
A special screening of the film for the Bollywood fraternity is also being planned in Mumbai. It is expected to be attended by the Bachchans, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, the Roshans and Shatrughan Sinha's family, among many others.
On February 9, Kamal Haasan leaves for Paris for the special French premiere of Vishwaroopam on February 10.
Earlier, Rajni has said "Kamal is not an ordinary artiste. He is a great artiste who had taken Tamil cinema to the global level. I request my Muslim brothers to factor in this and change their stand of demanding for a complete ban."
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer
- TMC captured booths in Cooch Behar, says Left; demands re-poll
- Ties with BJP under strain, TDP says may go it alone in Seemandhra
- BJP will emerge a major force in Bengal: Advani
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’