Rajit Kapur trains Mahabharat actors
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Popular for his role as Byomkesh Bakshi on Doordarshan, Rajit Kapur has been roped in to train the cast of the upcoming Star Plus serial, Mahabharat. "Rajit is training the actors of Siddarth Kumar Tewary's Mahabharat on Star Plus," informs a source associated with the project.
When contacted, Kapur confirmed the development. "It was Siddarth's idea," reveals the actor, who has many noted films and plays to his credit. "He came to me asking if I could device something for the actors that would help them to perform better. He being a friend, I could not say no to him. I started conducting acting workshops, along with some of my colleagues, for Mahabharat," he adds. Interestingly, the actor has never conducted any acting workshops before. "I haven't taken any acting workshops before, this is a learning experience for me as well," says a bemused Kapur.
The actor ended up training two sets of star casts for the show! "Mahabharat was suppose to take off two years ago," informs the actor. "I ended up teaching two sets of people as the cast two years ago has now been replaced by a new lot." The training, which took off nine months ago, includes speaking in shudh Hindi. Apart from this off-screen venture, Kapur will be seen doing a special appearance in the movie Singh Saheb The Great and a full-fledged role in From Here We Go.