Rajiv Gandhi remembered on death anniversary
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was today remembered on his 22nd death anniversary with leaders paying homage at his memorial here.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the late leader's wife and Congress President Sonia Gandhi offered flowers at his memorial 'Vir Bhumi' here.
Sonia was also joined by son and Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, daughter Priyanka and son-in-law Robert Vadra.
'Shanti Mantra' was recited on the occasion as youth holding the Tricolour circumambulated the memorial.
A number of young children also offered floral tributes at the memorial.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, Defence Minister A K Antony, Parliamentary Affairs and Urban Development Minister Kamal
Nath were among those who paid tributes to the leader.
Gandhi was assassinated on May 21, 1991 at Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu during a poll campaign.