VHP joins 'Narendra Modi for PM' chorus, Rajnath Singh mum
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
Rajnath Singh has confirmed his plan to attend Kumbh on February 6 and is also likely to seek the blessings of leaders gathered for VHP's meetings there.
While Singhal appeared backing Modi's case, senior VHP leaders sought to play it down saying the "Parishad does not support any one person or one political party...it believes that whoever will espouse its cause, the people will support that person or party".
VHP's dispositions towards different contenders for the PM candidature within the BJP holds significance in wake of the fact that the RSS recently brokered peace between the VHP and the BJP. According to the larger design, which is believed to have been arrived at during their deliberations was that the VHP will revive the Hindutva sentiments while the BJP will be the flag-bearer for good governance on the political level to leverage both the popular sentiments to their advantage in the next Lok Sabha elections.
(With ENS, Bhopal)