Rajnath Singh to inaugurate Nitin Gadkari's 'Agrovision'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
BJP president Rajnath Singh will inaugurate 'Agrovision', an agricultural fair organised by former party president Nitin Gadkari, here on Thursday.
Agrovision is annual event organised for Vidarbha farmers, in which seminars and workshops are held for farmers on various subjects. It has stalls displaying various farm-related technologies and techniques.
The Gadkari expo, held generally in January every year, is being held earlier this time to avoid clash with another similar expo – Krishi Vasant – being organised under the leadership of Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on the premises of Central Institute for Cotton Research (CICR) in January. Krishi Vasant, however, is now being held in February since President Pranab Mukherjee, who is to inaugurate the fair, has finalised February 8 as date for fair.
Pawar had announced the idea of holding the expo in January this year when he had visited Gadkari's expo.
After inaugurating Agrovision, Rajnath Singh is likely to meet RSS top brass in the organisation's headquarter here.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express