Rajnath Singh warns govt, says if Shinde not sacked, will expand protest to Parliament
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Glen Maxwell plays another blinder, leads KXIP to stunning win
Saying the nation expected a lot from Congress at its Chintan Shivir in Jaipur, but it delivered nothing for the people of the country: "At a time when India is having to deal with terror, crime, corruption, inflation and more, Congress' shivir had nothing to say on the most important issues with which people are struggling. Instead, all they had to say was 'Hindu terror'."
Warning the govt that this statement has crossed all limits, he said, "Today, we are protesting on streets, tomorrow, if government does not sack Sushilkumar Shinde, BJP will expand the fight to both houses of Parliament."
Justifying the launch of nation-wide protest, he said, "Congress has vitiated the atmosphere not just within India, but also weakened the country's position internationally too as it has allowed Pakistan to take advantage. Someone has to stop the Congress and its govt."
Rajnath said country expects the top authorities in country to explain the fraught situation in India, going on to add, "Congress chief Sonia Gandhi talks only about small issues, while PM Manmohan Singh never speaks, or it takes him months and even years to react."
"We expect nothing from PM, but we do expect Sonia to speak. Perhaps, she is not speaking because Shinde's words are increasing the Congress vote bank."
"Our opponents have not been able to besmirch the good name of the BJP and they are therefore, looking at dishonest ways to do it."
BJP leaders and supporters gathered at Jantar Mantar gave their new president a standing ovation as he concluded his speech.
- ‘We were in a bit of trouble initially but AB came in and he steadied the ship’
- Cops claim body was lifted from crime scene within 20 mins, family says it’s a lie
- After opening loss CSK face resurgent Daredevils
- Kirsten has given me new insight, says Coulter-Nile
- Nomination filed, the other Manpreet Badal goes missing
- M&M keep it sweet for punjab