Rajnath Singh twist to Laxmikant Bajpai's party office bearers' list
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
After taking over as state president in April 2012, Bajpai had decided to continue with Shahi's same team in view of the approaching urban local body elections. The membership drive and organisational elections further forced Bajpai to defer the constitution of his team. On December 2, he was formally elected as state president.
Bajpai's team is likely to have around two dozen office-bearers, including vice-presidents, general secretaries, secretaries and treasurer. There will also be presidents of five wings, and around 70 members in the state executive. His predecessor had constituted a team of around 250 members. "We are expecting a smaller team where the selection of workers will be on merit only," said a former party vice-president.
Grand welcome planned for Rajnath's visit
A cavalcade of around 1,000 vehicles will escort Rajnath Singh from Amausi airport to Nirala Nagar in Lucknow where he will address the party's mayors and chairmen of other urban local bodies on on February 5 when he will be visiting the state capital after getting elected as national president of the party.
- BJP to distribute Modi gulaal for Holi
- Improve facilities in courts: HC tells state
- Varanasi seat may delay BJP’s list for UP
- CPM-backed Kairali TV airs interview of author who alleged sex abuse at Amritanandamayi ashram
- Identification parade of suspects held in Yerawada Jail
- State to fine-tune boundaries in eco-sensitive areas