Rajnath Singh twist to Laxmikant Bajpai's party office bearers' list
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
After taking over as state president in April 2012, Bajpai had decided to continue with Shahi's same team in view of the approaching urban local body elections. The membership drive and organisational elections further forced Bajpai to defer the constitution of his team. On December 2, he was formally elected as state president.
Bajpai's team is likely to have around two dozen office-bearers, including vice-presidents, general secretaries, secretaries and treasurer. There will also be presidents of five wings, and around 70 members in the state executive. His predecessor had constituted a team of around 250 members. "We are expecting a smaller team where the selection of workers will be on merit only," said a former party vice-president.
Grand welcome planned for Rajnath's visit
A cavalcade of around 1,000 vehicles will escort Rajnath Singh from Amausi airport to Nirala Nagar in Lucknow where he will address the party's mayors and chairmen of other urban local bodies on on February 5 when he will be visiting the state capital after getting elected as national president of the party.
- Jet Airways likely to terminate services of contract employees
- No link between mobile phone radiation and cancer, says Padma awardee doctor
- Mamata’s celebs revel in new role
- ‘Goa mining ban removal to breathe new life into sector’
- TCS, Mitsubishi arms merge to form tech firm in Japan
- ‘RSS worry for majority community too’