Rajya Sabha stalled over incarcerated 'innocent' Muslims, Narendra Modi, quota rows
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
Similar scenes were witnessed when the House met again as Samajwadi Party members again trooped into the Well opposing quota in promotion for SC/ST in government jobs.
In the din, Labour Minister Mallikarjun Kharge introduced a bill to amend the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act 1986.
Deputy Chairman P J Kurien also allowed laying of papers and reports of Parliamentary Committees.
However, as the din continued, Kurien adjourned the House for the day.
SP stalls proceedings over incarcerated 'innocent' Muslims
Samajwadi Party today stalled the Question Hour in Rajya Sabha demanding release of "innocent" Muslim youth arrested on false terror charges across the country.
"Nirdosh Muslim ladko ko riha karo, riha karo (release innocent Muslim youth)," they shouted.
As Ansari did not permit them to raise the matter, they rushed into the Well and kept chanting slogans.
Within a few minutes of uproar, he adjourned the House till noon.