Rakeysh Mehra to start shooting 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' in February
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, who is currently busy gathering facts for his biopic on athlete Milkha Singh, says he will start shooting the film from February end.
Mehra, 48, said that the film will be shot majorly in India quashing reports that he is scouting for locations in Pakistan.
"I am not shooting my film in Lahore. I have not issued any such statement. I will shoot the film majorly in Punjab and after that I will move to Delhi, Tokyo, Melbourne and Rome. I have almost collected all the details and will start shooting in February," said Mehra.
Best known for writing and directing the Aamir Khan starrer 'Rang De Basanti', the filmmaker' keen interest in sports has made him take up this project on the life of The Flying Sikh.
"I am a sportsman myself and have always looked upto Milkha Singh. I heard a lot of stories about him. Being born and brought up in Delhi, I used to visit National Stadium regularly.
"My heart beats for the sports of my country and I always wanted India to do well in the Olympics but unfortunately we haven't. So, this is my way of paying homage to the sports of the country. I feel very strongly about the real role models in the society and Milkha Singh is one of them," he said.
Mehra has roped in director-turned-actor Farhan Akhtar to play the titular character in the film.
"I felt Farhan is apt for the character. I have seen his earlier works. It's a film about the spirit of human life. Milkha has given a great example that through sheer hardwork people can achieve every success in life," he added.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express