Rakhi Sawant is welcome to slap defamation notice: Digvijay
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said Bollywood item girl Rakhi Sawant is welcome to slap a defamation notice on him seeking Rs. 50 crore as damages.
Sawant, who is agitated over Singh''s remark comparing her to Arvind Kejriwal, has reportedly shot off letters to the Mumbai Police Commissioner and the Maharashtra Home Secretary asking them to book the Congress General Secretary for outraging her modesty.
Sawant had earlier on Sunday said the Congress General Secretary has gone out of his senses.
"He has gone out of his senses. Considering him a smart and intelligent person, I was a big fan of him, but today he attacked me. He used my shoulder to fire on Kejriwal. He shouldn''t compare me with Kejriwal Bhai," she had said.
Digvijay Singh earlier compared Kejriwal with Rakhi Sawant, saying that they both try and expose but with no substance.
"Arvind Kejriwal levelled all baseless allegations; there was nothing new in it. If he comes with up a new allegation, then we will pay attention to it," he said.
Singh earlier tweeted ''Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant. They both try and expose but with no substance''.
Singh also sought an apology from Rakhi Sawant for making this comparison.
"Apologies to Rakhi Sawant I am an old fan of hers!," he further said in his tweet.