Rakhi Sawant volunteers to go to jail on behalf of Sanjay Dutt
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
Renowned item girl and drama queen, Rakhi Sawant has struck again this time with a public display of empathy towards Sanjay Dutt who was recently sentenced to 5 years in jail by Supreme Court in connection with 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case. While the entire film fraternity is standing by Dutt and his family, Rakhi has gone a step further and said that she would rather serve Dutt's jail sentence.
Rakhi said that she was disturbed ever since she heard about Dutt's sentence and requested the legal authorities to pay heed to her request of switching places with Sanjay Dutt in jail. A sobbing Rakhi also said that it breaks her heart to know that Sanjay's life has been full of struggles. She lamented that Dutt is a man with a family and since she is not married and that there would be no one except her mother to grieve for her, the authorities should take her in instead of the actor.
She also added that living in jail and living in the outside world was one and the same for her and hence she didn't mind doing a good deed to give Dutt his freedom.