Rakhi Sawant volunteers to go to jail on behalf of Sanjay Dutt
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Renowned item girl and drama queen, Rakhi Sawant has struck again this time with a public display of empathy towards Sanjay Dutt who was recently sentenced to 5 years in jail by Supreme Court in connection with 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case. While the entire film fraternity is standing by Dutt and his family, Rakhi has gone a step further and said that she would rather serve Dutt's jail sentence.
Rakhi said that she was disturbed ever since she heard about Dutt's sentence and requested the legal authorities to pay heed to her request of switching places with Sanjay Dutt in jail. A sobbing Rakhi also said that it breaks her heart to know that Sanjay's life has been full of struggles. She lamented that Dutt is a man with a family and since she is not married and that there would be no one except her mother to grieve for her, the authorities should take her in instead of the actor.
She also added that living in jail and living in the outside world was one and the same for her and hence she didn't mind doing a good deed to give Dutt his freedom.