Ram Gopal Varma invites Karan Johar for screening of The Attacks of 26/11
- Raja 'misled' Manmohan Singh on policy matters: CBI to court
- RSS raises Ambedkar vs Mother Teresa row
- From Maldives, road to Islamic State goes via drugs, gangs and jail
- In a first, Indian military contingent to march at Moscow’s Red Square
- Maharashtra by-poll: Shiv Sena set to retain Bandra (E), NCP wins Tasgaon
Ram Gopal Varma and Karan Johar love to hate each other. Hence it was rather surprising to see Ramu extend an invitation to Karan to watch his film The Attacks of 26/11.
RGV tweeted, "@kjohar25 Hey Karan I nevr evr invited u to see any of my films..but 26/11 is one film I would really like u to see..pls let me knw whn free." Karan immediately replied, "@RGVzoomin...ramu!! 26/11 is a film i am truly dying to see...let me know whenever you have a screening and i will be there!!" The conversation continued with RGV tweeting, "@kjohar25 oh great Karan ..the print is out nd u just let me know nd I will arrange the screening as per ur convenience" and Karan replying, "@RGVzoomin...super...will fix up with you for the screening on the weekend...all the best!!" Finally RGV ended the conversation with this tweet, "@kjohar25 Thanx! See u at the screening!"
Later Ramu also clarified, "Fr those who are askng about the patch up btwn me nd @karanjohar25 most of the conflict was media built up nd never real"
It remains to be seen if this new friendship in indeed blooming or is this publicity stunt by RGV to promote his film.