Ram Kapoor is good fat
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
It's time to be warm and generous because I am feeling warm and generous. And that's because of Ram Kapur. And Sakshi Tanwar. They are the latest couple on television to be on the verge of falling in love. They join many others on the same cliff hanger as Hindi TV entertainment has turned romantic.
More importantly, the love stories are about love leading, hopefully to marriage, or love within marriage. So we have young runaway twosome of Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyar (Sony), whose progress from friends with benefits into lovelorn duo has forced them to flee their homes. And so we have Pavithra Rishta (Zee) where Manav and Archana are very much married and still looking into each others eyes with hearts dangling before them.
Of course, the path of true love is seldom smooth as Toasty and Tej find out in Saas Bina Sasural (Sony). After loving each other for a long time, they were married and she moved into his home where he lived with an entire family of men. For reasons that we need not go into, there's a misunderstanding (what else?) and Toasty has been thrown out of the house by her male in-laws. Husband Tej still loves Toasty dearly but feels unworthy of her love and Toasty loves Tej devotedly but is waiting for him to put them both out of their misery.
There are other such 'lovely' stories and there's Bade Achche Lagte Hain (Sony) which brings me back to Ram Kapoor. His name is Ram in the serial too, just a little touch there from producer Ekta Kapoor. He is the quintessential poor little rich man who is ignored and scorned by his own family, single and in need of some loving care. Sakshi Tanwar is a poor little girl, Priya, loved by her father and brother, disdained by her mother and dismissed by her sister. She's in her 30s, single too and she's desperately looking -- if not for love exactly at least a husband – and looking at you'd think she would find one quite easily but if she had then there would be no story, right?
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov