Ram Singh died due to hanging: Initial post-mortem report in Delhi gangrape case
- Netaji files show family was under observation, intercepted communication hinted at sightings
- Indian fisherman allegedly killed in Pakistan firing off Gujarat coast
- Maharashtra government transfers Sheena Bora murder case to Central Bureau of Investigation
- Another drowned toddler washes up on Turkish beach: report
- Taliban attack on Pakistan base kills 29; 16 die in mosque
Delhi gangrape accused Ram Singh died due to hanging, police sources said today quoting the initial post-mortem report.
The autopsy of Singh, who allegedly committed suicide in Tihar yesterday, was conducted at AIIMS today and the body was handed over to his family who said they will take the mortal remains to Karauli in Rajasthan.
The post-mortem started around 11.15 am and ended around 12.30 pm, sources said.
They said the initial report suggested that Singh (35) committed suicide. He died due to hanging, the sources said quoting the report.
Singh's brother, who came to AIIMS to receive the body, alleged that he was murdered and that he saw injury marks on his body and finger marks on his neck.
"My brother was murdered. I have seen injury marks on the body and finger marks on the throat," the brother, who did not wish to be identified, alleged.
Singh was found hanging in his cell in Tihar Jail around 5.30 am yesterday and the body was brought to AIIMS last evening after completion of various proceedings.