Ram Singh hanging: Tihar struggles to explain Delhi gangrape death
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Election Live: Vajpayee weekest PM, tweets Sanjay Jha; Congress insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws, says Modi
n Can a noose prepared from rug threads be strong enough to take the body weight of an adult? Officials admit this needs to be looked at.
n Singh's family said it is not possible that he could have fastened a noose to a grille and hanged himself. His right hand was dysfunctional and he had an iron rod inserted in his left hand after he was severely injured in a road accident.
n Police were informed about the death two hours after Singh was found hanging. Jail officials said it took time to call a doctor, confirm death and then inform senior prison officials. Police said they will ascertain why it took the jail authorities so long to inform the local police.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit