Ramanujan's cryptic formula that can explain behaviour of black holes finally proved
- In Karnataka, Modi hits back at Rahul over balloon jibe on Gujarat model, asks if he trusts Sonia
- 'Deeply saddened' over his expulsion, Jaswant Singh says BJP has lost its vision
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- ICC World Twenty20: Yuvraj Singh, Ashwin make it 4/4
Researchers were also stunned to find the function could be used even today.
"No one was talking about black holes back in the 1920s when Ramanujan first came up with mock modular forms, and yet, his work may unlock secrets about them," Ono said.
Ramanujan died young at the age of 32 on April 26, 1920.