'Ramdev, Anna Hazare now irrelevant'
Taking a swipe at Ramdev, AICC leader Shakeel Ahmed today claimed the yoga guru has become irrelevant to people after he and Anna Hazare 'ditched' them.
"People have stopped noticing him after he and Anna Hazare ditched them. They did not know that the two were backed by the RSS and BJP", Ahmed asserted.
The Congress leader averred, "People know how he has ditched them. The central government had sent four ministers to the airport to receive him as they did not understand Ramdev initially. Finally it turned out that Ramdev and Anna Hazare were backed by the RSS and the BJP".
Ahmed was reacting to the yoga guru's observation yesterday, ahead of his August 9 anti-corruption agitation in Delhi, that constitutional bodies CBI, CAG, CVC and Election Commission supported by a Lokpal would rein in 90 per cent of corruption and the rest could be taken care of through inculcating moral values in people.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again