Ramdev seeks President's intervention on Anna
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev will meet President Pratibha Patil to submit a memorandum against the arrest of veteran social activist Anna Hazare.
According to sources, Ramdev will meet President Patil on Wednesday afternoon.
Ramdev also proposes to visit Tihar Jail to meet Anna Hazare.
The yoga guru, who was evicted from the Ramlila Grounds on a similar fast against corruption and black money, pitched his weight behind Anna's fight on Wednesday.
Hazare and key aide Arvind Kejriwal spent Tuesday night in the conference room of the Director General (Prisons) of Tihar Jail and reportedly slept barely for four hours.
He continues to be on a fast inside the prison premises after turning the down the release order sent by the government.
The 74-year old social activist was picked up at 7.30 am from Mayur Vihar in East Delhi after he refused to be persuaded by the Delhi Police not to undertake the fast since it would be in violation of prohibitory orders.
Hazare and his aides including Arvind Kejriwal, were first taken to the Delhi Police Officer's Mess in North Delhi and were shifted to another after Hazare's supporters gathered in a large numbers at the Civil Lines areas.
The social activist was later taken to Rajouri Garden police station in West Delhi where a Special Executive Magistrate remanded him to seven days' judicial custody.