Ramdev's yogpeeth to go to court against HP govt order
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: KKR lose Pandey after steady stand against DD
Yoga guru Ramdev's Patanjali Yogpeeth will go to court against the Himachal Pradesh government order cancelling the land lease given to it by the previous BJP government in the state.
"We will take legal recourse to challenge the Himachal Pradesh government's order cancelling our land lease at Solan (in HP)," Ramdev's close aide Balkrishna told reporters in Haridwar yesterday.
Accusing the Congress government in Himachal Pradesh of cancelling the lease at the behest of the Centre, he claimed the yogpeeth's centre in Solan district had provided direct and indirect employment to thousands of unemployed youths of nearly 40 villages in the area.
About 28 acres of land near Sadhupul in Solan district was given to Patanjali Yogpeeth by the previous BJP government in Himachal Pradesh in 2010 for token lease of Rs 1 per year for a period of 99 years.
Balkrishna said there was nothing wrong in giving the land on a token lease to the Yogpeeth as it was to be used for people's welfare and not commercial purpose.
"The Patanjali Yogpeeth centre at Solan is to be inaugurated on February 27 and both me and Baba Ramdev will attend the occasion," he said.