'Ramleela' director, actors Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone booked
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi becoming PM is a fantasy, says Mamata; Varun files nomination
Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali and actors Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone were booked on a court order for allegedly hurting religious sentiments and promoting obscenity in their upcoming Hindi film 'Ramleela'.
The FIR was lodged on Sunday (September 22) at the Shyam Nagar police station following a local court's order which came Saturday, police said.
The three were booked under Sections 153(a) (Promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion), 292 (Obscenity), 295 (Injuring or defiling place of worship, with intent to insult the religion of any class) and 298 (Uttering words, etc, with deliberate intent to wound religious feelings) of IPC.
Seeking action against the filmmaker and the actors of the film, complainant R B Yadav, in his FIR, alleged that the film, slated for release on November 15, not only appears to be promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion, but also encourages vulgarity.
The statement of any three of them, however, could not be recorded yet, police said.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi