Ramprakash becomes Englandís new batting coach
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
Former batsman Mark Ramprakash has become a batting coach with England as the national team continues to reshuffle their management team.
Ramprakash is in India working with the next generation of talent, and he said he would love to forge a career in coaching.
The former England star admits he is envious of the support young players receive now, and added he spent much of his early days watching Mike Gatting eat curries and drink pints of beer!
Ramprakash is in Mumbai helping the England Performance Programme, the players earmarked for senior recognition.
Ramprakash scored just two tons in 52 Tests despite being one of the most technically gifted batsmen, as he was too tensed up at international level.
"The ups and downs in my career should help me as a coach. I can identify with players perhaps trying too hard, feeling under pressure," the Sun quoted Ramprakash, as saying.
"I'm envious of what these kids have. I look at their opportunities, training methods and attention to detail. They have recovery techniques too. When I started, a recovery technique was a curry and diet coke ó watching Gatt eating his and have a few pints," he added.
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer
- TMC captured booths in Cooch Behar, says Left; demands re-poll
- Ties with BJP under strain, TDP says may go it alone in Seemandhra
- BJP will emerge a major force in Bengal: Advani
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’